Frequently asked questions
What is included in the registration fees?
Students selected to attend to whole summer school and having paid their registration fees (CHF 350) will be provided with:
-access to all courses scheduled in the program (including field excursion) as well as a computational cluster to run exercises (a personal computer must be brought).
-an individual room with bed sheets provided for 11 nights (i.e. from July 9th to 20th) at the Foyer Beauséjour (http://www.foyer-beausejour.ch/). Sanitary infrastructure is to be shared among neighbors. The house further includes a shared garden, common living rooms (TV, library, games) and space to cook and eat. It is located near the center of the old city, ca. 20 minutes away from the campus.
-catering during each teaching day, including coffee/tea, fruits and one lunch.
-the congress dinner
Note that participants are responsible for their own travel (incl. visa if required), city taxes and valid health/accident assurances.
How can I ensure registration to targeted activities?
Can I attend the 2 days symposium without registering to the whole summer school?
- Yes. In such a case, you simply thick the corresponding field and do not upload any ‘interest statement’. If you are willing to present a talk at this occasion, make sure to have filled details about your contribution (title, list of authors, abstract).
Can I attend the whole summer school without registering to the 2 days symposium?
- Registration to the summer school includes participation to the symposium. The key issue for proper consideration is to upload a clear ‘interest statement’ explaining how the program matches your scientific projects.
Can I attend the 2 days symposium in the case that I am not selected for the whole summer school?
- Yes, once the decision is taken, you would have the opportunity to confirm your registration to the symposium.
Can I attend the whole summer school without presenting a talk at the symposium?
- Yes. In such a case, you simply leave the field corresponding to your contribution empty while registering. Make sure to have uploaded your ‘interest statement’.
When do I have to pay the registration fees ?
- Once the selection of participants is achieved, everyone who has registered will be provided with detailed instruction on how to proceed with the payment of confirmatory fees through a personal e-mail.