Reception from 12:00 in the main hall (MIS01)
Time is an essential dimension of any thought or reflection concerning education and training. Whether to define appropriate moments, an ideal length, maximum speed or adapted rhythms, time is needed, as an independent or a dependent variable, as a condition or as a consequence, as a preventive measure or as a future perspective.
The 2017 Congress of the Swiss Society for Research in Education (SSRE) joined by the Swiss Society for Teacher Training (SSFE) will focus thoughts and debates on:
- when should the learning of basic skills, compulsory education or vocational training begin or end? (extension of the 2016 thematic).
- which achievements remain and which fade with time?
- between allotted time, time spent and time required for learning, how must teachers do to plan classroom activities in the best way possible?
- what is the best way to manage the differences between students of a same class or grade level (etc.) concerning their acquisition rate?
- how do students learn to manage their time in and out of school?
These questions are just a few examples of what the chosen theme permits; researchers who can must put forward submissions related to them. However they are not meant to be binding; as is the case every year, importance will be given to the quality and diversity of contributions prioritarily to their alignment on a particular theme.